latest tbc patch problem

Dodatek odpowiedzialny za spolszczenie questów (misji)
infinyao
Frakcja: Przymierze
Rasa: Nocne elf
Klasa: Łowca
BattleTag: iNFINITYGODX#2584

latest tbc patch problem

Post autor: infinyao »

Got this problem on each quest, on each language, with enabled/disabled addons.
Patch 2.5.4.44171

Kod: Zaznacz cały

Message: Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua:1654: bad argument #3 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)
Time: Thu Jun 23 16:38:27 2022
Count: 24
Stack: Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua:1654: bad argument #3 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)
[string "=[C]"]: in function `gsub'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua"]:1654: in function `QTR_ExpandUnitInfo'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua"]:1158: in function `QTR_QuestPrepare'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua"]:1645: in function `f'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua"]:1009: in function <Interface\AddOns\QTR_Quests\QTR_Quests.lua:996>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Морган Штерн"
(*temporary) = "$C"
(*temporary) = nil
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
WoWpoPolsku Team
Orina
Frakcja: Horda
Klasa: Kapłan

Re: latest tbc patch problem

Post autor: Orina »

This is a problem that only our programmer Platine can answer. He is rarely seen on platform these days so please be patient :) I noticed one thing - the database is old, so maybe addon is incompatible with latest classic release.

Today I tried this version for classic for first time and I noticed it works strange, it doesn't show translation, only blank places where text should be. :/

I used addon from this site, is it the same website from you download your version?
https://panel.wowpopolsku.pl/quest_collector.php
El Psy Congroo
Awatar użytkownika
WoWpoPolsku Team
Platine

Post autor: Platine »

Hello infinyao,
the QTR-Quests addon is not created as part of the WoWpoPolsku project, but as a separate project.
And it has not been updated for a long time. It was recently checked for version 2.5.1
I just can't figure out what version of the addon are you using?
Please send me the contents of the first line from the plugin file - QTR_Quests.lua
In the Multilanguage version it should be:
-- Addon: QTR_Quests (version: 2.15.1) 2021.06.26

The LUA error shown indicates an error in the QTR_ExpandUnitInfo program function.
More precisely - parameter 3 (player_class) in the instruction is not passed:
msg = string.gsub(msg, "$C", player_class);

And the determination of player_class is performed at the beginning of the addon for each language individually.
The read name of the player's class is converted to the English equivalent. But the addon doesn't know your class definition.

I can provide an allowance for such cases of not finding an English equivalent of a class or race.
But I am not able to check the operation of this security right now - I do not have a Blizzard times subscription.
Stay tuned for an update to the add-on on the site https://panel.wowpopolsku.pl/quest_collector.php soon or on the websites Curse and WowInterface.
infinyao

just downloaded latest version from cforge. Platine, u are made really cool and useful thing. keep going!

HUGE thanks
infinyao

hello again! it works almost fine.. last thing - it not shows translate when you turn in q (in most cases)
Obrazek
no LUA errors
Awatar użytkownika
WoWpoPolsku Team
Platine

Post autor: Platine »

It is a matter of the translation base.
Quest 627 contains only Title, Description and Objectives in the database.
Progress and Complrtion is not available. Nobody sent this data from the Russian realm.
The data for the translation database are collected by players directly from the WOW-server while playing on a given realm. You can use the Quest Collector addon for this.
ODPOWIEDZ